ATA Engineering, 13290 Evening Creek Drive South, San Diego, CA 92128
ATA is seeking an individual to perform general accounting duties per GAAP and assist in government contract accounting. This is an opportunity to learn and develop a broad range of accounting and finance skills in a dynamic small company environment. Related tasks include monthly closing procedures, timesheet audits and review, accounts receivable tracking, balance sheet reconciliations, sales and use tax filings, audit support, and government compliance. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of internal controls and will have excellent communication skills with customers, vendors, and co-workers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Accounts receivable: create and review invoices, collections, customer relationships
- Assist with financial, DCAA, and DCMA government property audits
- Maintain, review, and validate data in several accounting databases and generate queries and reports
- Review time cards prior to submission to ensure accuracy of charge numbers
- Prepare and file sales and use tax returns for various states as required
- Generate, verify, store, and track consulting agreements, subcontracts, nondisclosure agreements, and certificates of insurance
- Perform general office support like filing and other administrative tasks
- Commit to both confidentiality and deliverable deadlines
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through continuous education
- Progress toward or completed bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with excellent academic record
- 0-2 years’ experience in Accounting and Government Contracts environment
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks or other ERP system desirable
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; high level of accuracy and integrity
- Commitment to deadlines; excellent attendance
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
How to Apply
We appreciate your interest in ATA Engineering and request that you submit the following materials if you are qualified and wish to join our team of employee-owners at ATA Engineering:
- A current résumé or CV.
- A copy of your up-to-date college transcripts. You may email them, or request that an official transcript be sent directly to the address below. If your transcript contains identifying information such as Social Security Number and/or date of birth, please delete this information prior to submitting your transcripts.
- A statement regarding your U.S. citizenship.
Please note: we prefer electronic copies of all documents, but you may also mail them to the address below if necessary. Many of our contracts require access to government, defense, and classified information. We cannot consider your application unless you are a U.S. citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident. Unless you specifically state otherwise in your cover letter or email, you will be considered for all current openings at all ATA locations. Once we have reviewed your qualifications, you will be contacted by email regarding the status of your application.
Please email your résumé to HR Director at email@example.com.
Or mail them to:
Director, Human Resources, ATA Engineering, Inc.
13290 Evening Creek Drive South, San Diego, CA 92128
ATA Engineering, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact an ATA Engineering, Inc., Human Resources Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.