Director of Business Development (Los Angeles)
Director of Business Development
Los Angeles – 1960 East Grand Avenue, Ste 560, El Segundo, California, 90245
ATA is seeking a Director of Business Development
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide business development and account management services for territories and industries/technologies defined below:
- For the western United States based in Los Angeles, California
- Aerospace, defense, or energy (including renewable) industry experience
- Technically proficient in one or more of the following ATA areas of expertise:
- Structural static, durability, and dynamic analysis and test
- Acoustics analysis and test
- Thermal and fluid sciences
- Optics and robotics
- Mechanical hardware design and development
- Assume a lead role in identifying, developing, shaping, and closing business opportunities
- Coordinate and lead proposal development
- Provide key account management support for new and existing customers
- Contribute to the development of future marketing strategies for ATA products and services
- Learn ATA products and services, management, staff, and company culture to provide customer service that meets ATA’s high standards of excellence
- Participate in ATA sales team meetings and planning sessions and coordinate selling activities with the team
- B.S. degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Structural Engineering (M.S. degree in related field is preferred). MBA desirable but not required
- At least five years of experience as a practicing engineer
- Three to five years of experience in business development or sales is preferred
- Strong technical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Able and willing to travel up to 40% of the time
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
How to Apply
We appreciate your interest in ATA Engineering and request that you submit the following materials if you are qualified and wish to join our team of employee-owners at ATA Engineering:
- A current resume or CV.
- A copy of your up-to-date college transcripts. You may email them, or request that an official transcript be sent directly to the address below. If your transcript contains identifying information such as Social Security Number and/or date of birth, please delete this information prior to submitting your transcripts.
- A statement regarding your U.S. citizenship.
Please note: we prefer electronic copies of all documents, but you may also mail them to the address below if necessary. Many of our contracts require access to government, defense, and classified information. We cannot consider your application unless you are a U.S. citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident. Unless you specifically state otherwise in your cover letter or email, you will be considered for all current openings at all ATA locations. Once we have reviewed your qualifications, you will be contacted by email regarding the status of your application.
Email all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail them to:
Manager, Human Resources
ATA Engineering, Inc.
13290 Evening Creek Drive South, Suite 250
San Diego, CA 92128
ATA Engineering, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact an ATA Engineering, Inc., Human Resources Representative at email@example.com.