Director of Business Development, Themed Entertainment
Director of Business Development, Themed Entertainment
San Diego – 13290 Evening Creek Drive South, San Diego, California 92128
Los Angeles – 300 North Continental Boulevard, Suite 630, El Segundo, California, 90245
ATA is seeking a Director of Business Development to manage and grow the company’s accounts in the Themed Entertainment market. An extensive mechanical or aerospace engineering background with a sociable interpersonal skill set is critical to the success of the candidate. Expanding company awareness through sales, marketing, and customer relations will be a primary occupational focus. The successful candidate will be a dynamic, entrepreneurial individual technically proficient in mechanical engineering with an interest or experience in technical sales and marketing. The candidate will be responsible for developing and executing an annual sales plan consistent with company strategy, goals, and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide business development and account management services globally for the Themed Entertainment industry as defined below:
- Themed Entertainment industry experience a plus.
- Related experience in automotive, aerospace, defense, or other mechanical industry experience required. Electrical and controls engineering experience also a plus.
- Experience with design-build projects, structural steel fabrication, mid- to low-volume production of precision mechanical assemblies desired.
- Technically proficient in one or more of the following ATA areas of expertise:
- Analysis driven mechanical design of structures and mechanisms
- Structural static, durability, and dynamic analysis and test
- Mechanical hardware design and development
- Assume a lead role in identifying, developing, shaping, and closing business opportunities in the Themed Entertainment industry to achieve ATA’s business revenue and profit goals while maintaining ATA’s standards of excellent customer service.
- Manage the continuing presence of ATA in ASTM F24 committee activities and, where appropriate, increase participation by recruiting ATA employees.
- Attend IAAPA expos and events and, where appropriate, increase the visibility of ATA within the IAAPA community.
- Coordinate and lead proposal development:
- Maintain a thorough understanding of applicable services offered and service or timeframe limitations
- Identify key decision maker, budget, competition, and decision criteria
- Lead the proposal-generation process
- Coordinate with ATA project managers on technical content, schedule, and price
- Deliver accurate, timely, winning proposals
- Negotiate with customer’s purchasing organization to close the sale
- Provide key account management support for new and existing customers:
- Identify and build relationships with customers at multiple organizational levels
- Expand knowledge of ATA throughout the client organization
- Proactively identify other needs that ATA can address, and develop new business opportunities
- Expand ATA presence to other client divisions, suppliers, and partners
- Coordinate with ATA technical directors and project managers on current projects to address and resolve issues and maintain/build awareness of ongoing technical activities
- In particular, flag projects that are in danger of exceeding budget or schedule to both the client and ATA technical directors
- Monitor the ATA invoicing process on current projects to ensure that invoices are accurate and sent in a timely manner.
- Monitor client accounts for timely payment and provide liaison with client’s accounts payable department and ATA accounting as needed.
- Contribute to the development of future marketing strategies for ATA products and services:
- Expand awareness of ATA mission, values, and services in the marketplace
- Participate in industry functions and trade shows in support of the business development team’s goals
- Assist in the development of ATA collateral marketing material and gain customer approval for marketing material release
- Learn ATA products and services, management, staff, and company culture to provide customer service that meets ATA’s high standards of excellence:
- Become familiar with recent and current projects in every ATA technical discipline
- Develop the experience and capability to take a lead role in understanding the technical requirements for business opportunities
- Participate in ATA sales team meetings and planning sessions and coordinate selling activities with the team
- B.S. degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Structural Engineering (M.S. degree in related field is preferred) from an accredited college/university with an excellent academic record
- At least five years of experience as a practicing engineer with relevant experience
- Three to five years of experience in business development or sales is preferred
- Strong technical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Able and willing to travel up to 30% of the time
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Communicate well in the English language in person, in written documents, via email, and by telephone
- Able to spend long periods of time at a computer to prepare proposals, reports, and other written documents
- Able to sit for long periods of time to participate in meetings and conference calls
- Able to travel to any and all customer sites via airplane or ground transportation
- Able to lift up to 50 Ib as necessary for transportation of laptop, luggage, etc.
- Willing to accept reasonable accommodations when traveling for work purposes
- Able to be mobile for up to twelve hours in a workday (conference booth monitoring, traveling to and from customer sites, etc.)
How to Apply
We appreciate your interest in ATA Engineering and request that you submit the following materials if you are qualified and wish to join our team of employee-owners at ATA Engineering:
- A current resume or CV.
- A copy of your up-to-date college transcripts. You may email them, or request that an official transcript be sent directly to the address below. If your transcript contains identifying information such as Social Security Number and/or date of birth, please delete this information prior to submitting your transcripts.
- A statement regarding your U.S. citizenship.
Please note: we prefer electronic copies of all documents, but you may also mail them to the address below if necessary. Many of our contracts require access to government, defense, and classified information. We cannot consider your application unless you are a U.S. citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident. Unless you specifically state otherwise in your cover letter or email, you will be considered for all current openings at all ATA locations. Once we have reviewed your qualifications, you will be contacted by email regarding the status of your application.
Email all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail them to:
Manager, Human Resources
ATA Engineering, Inc.
13290 Evening Creek Drive South
San Diego, CA 92128
ATA Engineering, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact an ATA Engineering, Inc., Human Resources Representative at email@example.com.