ATA Engineering, 13290 Evening Creek Drive South, Suite 250, San Diego, CA 92128
ATA Engineering, Inc., is an employee-owned engineering consulting company seeking an organized and motivated individual to fill our Facilities Manager role. The position will work closely with our security and IT teams to expand and maintain current company operations and facilities. The ideal candidate will act as a point of contact for all company offices and personnel requiring assistance with the administration and management of vendors, equipment, leasing agreements, and landlord communications and negotiations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Play a role in the management and expansion of ATA’s facilities across the U.S.
- Manage the consolidation of vendor lists to ensure efficiency and economies of scale
- Participate in ATA’s strategic plan to ensure efficient use of employee-owner resources and responsible corporate growth
- Communicate facility changes, inspections, renovations, moves, or closures in a timely manner
- Allocate financial and personnel resources in a responsible manner
- Participate in the organization and rollout of the company’s annual facilities budget
- Maintain a strong network of community resources near critical office sites to assist with general facility office needs as determined by ATA’s General Manager, IT Manager, remote office directors, and building landlords
- Continue to expand capabilities related to leasing agreements, construction protocols, computing equipment, and landlord negotiations
- Coordinate full-cycle project management from initial requests and planning stages to cost estimation, execution, and follow-up
- Play a role in the management and implementation of building security and the filing of facility insurance claims
- Report on facilities and infrastructure expenditures, and recommend ways to optimize space and equipment while reducing operating costs
- Acquire a thorough understanding of all company facility and employee needs, prioritize requests, and establish appropriate channels for issue resolution
- Obtain feedback from employees and management aimed at improving ATA’s infrastructure
- Become an office ambassador for sustainable systems and resources that uphold industry standards
- Demonstrate attention to detail and advocate company and employee safety best practices and standards for work performed both on and off site, and ensure OSHA-compliant work environments
- Assist with additional facility tasks and upgrades as needed
- Must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant certifications in business, construction, project management, real estate, facilities management, or other relevant discipline with excellent academic record
- Background with computing equipment is a plus
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience, preferably in a professional setting with critical computing needs
- Ability to prioritize work, proactively plan, and multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Detail oriented with a strong logistics background
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Professional dress, appearance, and demeanor
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and travel up to 15% of the time
How to Apply
We appreciate your interest in ATA Engineering and request that you submit the following materials if you are qualified and wish to join our team of employee-owners at ATA Engineering:
- A current resume or CV.
- A copy of your up-to-date college transcripts. You may email them, or request that an official transcript be sent directly to the address below. If your transcript contains identifying information such as Social Security Number and/or date of birth, please delete this information prior to submitting your transcripts.
- A statement regarding your U.S. citizenship.
Résumés must include a cover letter indicating why the candidate is a good fit for this position, given the details above. Résumés received without a cover letter will not be reviewed or considered.
Please note: we prefer electronic copies of all documents, but you may also mail them to the address below if necessary. Many of our contracts require access to government, defense, and classified information. We cannot consider your application unless you are a U.S. citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident. Unless you specifically state otherwise in your cover letter or email, you will be considered for all current openings at all ATA locations. Once we have reviewed your qualifications, you will be contacted by email regarding the status of your application.
Email all documents to HR Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail them to:
Director, Human Resources
ATA Engineering, Inc.
13290 Evening Creek Drive South, Suite 250
San Diego, CA 92128
ATA Engineering, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact an ATA Engineering, Inc., Human Resources Representative at email@example.com.