Information System Security Manager
Information System Security Manager
ATA Engineering, 13290 Evening Creek Drive S, San Diego, California 92128
ATA is seeking an individual with security expertise to add to our growing information technology team. The ideal candidate will have military and/or FSO experience with an active Top Secret clearance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Exercise strategic planning to meet security needs (both digital and physical) company-wide without impeding business performance
- Create and maintain System Security Plans (SSP), Security Control Traceability Matrices (SCTM) and all other RMF documentation required for supported systems
- Coordinate with project managers, IT, and other stakeholders
- Assist in the administration of facility and personnel security clearances, such as responding to government security RFIs and submitting background investigations and classified visit requests
- Perform media and systems inspections and scans and provide feedback to management and ISSA on status and necessary mitigations
- Conduct periodic security program audits and self-assessments to identify and mitigate threats
- Partner with the FSO and AFSO to host and pass periodic DSS inspections
- Develop training materials and deliver or assist in delivering training to staff to maintain and improve compliance with 800-53
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- High school diploma required. B.S. degree in security related field is preferred.
- 5+ years experience as ISSM or position with similar responsibilities
- Active TS clearance, eligible for SCI
- Knowledge of managing compliance with NIST SP 800-53, CNSSI 1253
- IAM level II certification
- Familiarity with JPAS/DISS is desirable
- Must demonstrate knowledge from a strong IT background
- Membership in NCMS or other relevant professional associations is desirable
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work with a diverse group of people and demonstrate tact and diplomacy at all levels to promote positive relationships
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to spend long periods of time sitting at a computer
- Ability to lift up to 30 Ib as necessary for transport of workstations, etc.
- Ability to travel to conferences or company remote offices as needed
How to Apply
We appreciate your interest in ATA Engineering and request that you submit the following materials if you are qualified and wish to join our team of employee-owners at ATA Engineering:
- A current resume or CV.
- A copy of your up-to-date college transcripts. You may email them, or request that an official transcript be sent directly to the address below. If your transcript contains identifying information such as Social Security Number and/or date of birth, please delete this information prior to submitting your transcripts.
- A statement regarding your U.S. citizenship.
Please note: we prefer electronic copies of all documents, but you may also mail them to the address below if necessary. Many of our contracts require access to government, defense, and classified information. We cannot consider your application unless you are a U.S. citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident. Unless you specifically state otherwise in your cover letter or email, you will be considered for all current openings at all ATA locations. Once we have reviewed your qualifications, you will be contacted by email regarding the status of your application.
Email all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail them to:
Manager, Human Resources
ATA Engineering, Inc.
13290 Evening Creek Drive South, Suite 250
San Diego, CA 92128
ATA Engineering, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.