Network / IT Support Specialist
Network / IT Support Specialist
ATA Engineering, 13290 Evening Creek Drive South, San Diego, CA 92128
Is there really a career opportunity to work in IT with a world-renowned team of engineers who analyze, design, and test amusement park rides, aircraft, launch vehicles, satellites, consumer electronics, sports equipment and more? There is at ATA Engineering!
ATA Engineering, Inc., is a 100% employee-owned engineering consulting firm with headquarters in San Diego, and regional offices in Northern Virginia, Los Angeles, Berkeley, Denver, Albuquerque, and Huntsville, Alabama. As a rapidly growing high-technology firm, we are looking to fill our growing needs for Network and IT support specialists.
Do you want the opportunity to grow and develop as an IT professional in a progressive company with high standards of excellence that encourages its employees to work independently and is committed to developing the next generation of IT infrastructure? As a small company with multiple locations and a plan for continued growth, we are looking for an individual who is interested in taking on responsibility in a fresh and challenging environment! If you are also interested in growth potential and the opportunity to learn and be trained in emerging technologies, this could be the perfect position for you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, configure, and implement local and wide-area networks used by multiple platforms in multiple locations
- Provide ongoing technical support to remote and local area networks
- Configure and install desktop computers
- Provide ongoing technical support to staff members
- Troubleshoot networks, workstations, software, and computer peripherals
- Create Active Directory users and groups
- Create and administer computer images
- Manage server backups and restore files/servers
- Document procedures and post to internal knowledge base
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with Linux (CentOS, Redhat, Ubuntu)
- Windows 10
- Windows Server (Server 2008/2012/2016)
- Windows Active Directory (Account Management)
- Windows Server Applications (Exchange, IIS, SharePoint, SQL, Veeam)
- Virtualization (VMWare ESXi 6.x/vSphere, VDI)
- HP Hardware Management
- Voice over IP (VoIP) experience
- Windows and Linux scripting
- SAN/NAS administration
- Knowledge of routers, switches, and firewalls
- Experience with mail servers and web-based email
- Samba knowledge and experience
- FlexLM License Management
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field from an accredited college/university with an excellent academic record, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Experience working in a mixed-platform environment running both Linux and Microsoft systems and multi-vendor network systems
- Minimum 2-5 years of relevant work experience
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong technical aptitude
- Able to prioritize multiple requests in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Able to travel as needed (once or twice a year) to regional offices
- Physically able to lift at least 70 pounds
How to Apply
We appreciate your interest in ATA Engineering and request that you submit the following materials if you are qualified and wish to join our team of employee-owners at ATA Engineering:
- A current resume or CV.
- A copy of your up-to-date college transcripts. You may email them, or request that an official transcript be sent directly to the address below. If your transcript contains identifying information such as Social Security Number and/or date of birth, please delete this information prior to submitting your transcripts.
- A statement regarding your U.S. citizenship.
Résumés must include a cover letter indicating why the candidate is a good fit for this position, given the details above. Résumés received without a cover letter will not be reviewed or considered.
Please note: we prefer electronic copies of all documents, but you may also mail them to the address below if necessary. Many of our contracts require access to government, defense, and classified information. We cannot consider your application unless you are a U.S. citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident. Unless you specifically state otherwise in your cover letter or email, you will be considered for all current openings at all ATA locations. Once we have reviewed your qualifications, you will be contacted by email regarding the status of your application.
Email all documents to HR Director, email@example.com
Or mail them to:
Director, Human Resources
ATA Engineering, Inc.
13290 Evening Creek Drive South
San Diego, CA 92128
ATA Engineering, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact an ATA Engineering, Inc., Human Resources Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.