Rotor Aeromechanics Engineer
Rotor Aeromechanics Engineer
This position is available in all of our locations. If you have a preferred location, please specify when you apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform mechanical and aerospace engineering analysis project work, with emphasis on solving problems related to rotor aeromechanics. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to, rotor fluid mechanics, rotor structural mechanics, and comprehensive code and model development.
- Write proposals, technical reports, and papers.
- Additional responsibilities may include solving problems in mechanical/structural design, finite element analysis, structural dynamics, kinematics, and the development of software tools and interfaces.
- Must be able to interface with other disciplines such as structural dynamicists, test engineers, and mechanical/structural designers.
- Provide clients with results that satisfy quality, cost, timing, and other project specifications.
- Prepare and give oral presentations to clients and at technical conferences.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Aerospace, Mechanical, or other relevant engineering discipline with excellent academic record.
- Willingness to travel and work at client sites.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- CFD and/or comprehensive analysis code development experience is a plus, as is experience with Windows and UNIX operating systems and programming in C, C++, Fortran, and MATLAB.
- Candidate must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident.
How to Apply
We appreciate your interest in ATA Engineering and request that you submit the following materials if you are qualified and wish to join our team of employee-owners at ATA Engineering:
- A current resume or CV.
- A copy of your up-to-date college transcripts. You may email them, or request that an official transcript be sent directly to the address below. If your transcript contains identifying information such as Social Security Number and/or date of birth, please delete this information prior to submitting your transcripts.
- A statement regarding your U.S. citizenship.
Please note: we prefer electronic copies of all documents, but you may also mail them to the address below if necessary. Many of our contracts require access to government, defense, and classified information. We cannot consider your application unless you are a U.S. citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident. Unless you specifically state otherwise in your cover letter or email, you will be considered for all current openings at all ATA locations. Once we have reviewed your qualifications, you will be contacted by email regarding the status of your application.
Email all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail them to:
Manager, Human Resources
ATA Engineering, Inc.
13290 Evening Creek Drive South, Suite 250
San Diego, CA 92128
ATA Engineering, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.