Location: ATA Engineering, 13290 Evening Creek Drive S, San Diego, California 92128
ATA is seeking a control systems engineer interested in working on projects such as industrial machines; autonomous vehicles; entertainment and theme park action equipment and rides; and aerospace ground support equipment and flight hardware.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform mechanical and aerospace engineering analysis project work with emphasis on application of controls.
- Develop and apply advanced approaches for controls in industry-relevant problems leading to both publications and a growing business practice.
- Interface with other disciplines such as structural dynamicists, test engineers, and mechanical/structural designers.
- Provide results to clients that satisfy quality, cost, timing, and other project specifications.
- Prepare and give oral presentations to clients and at technical conferences.
Must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident.
- M.S. in Engineering (preferably Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace) plus 5–8 years of real product controls development experience or
- Ph.D. in Engineering (preferably Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace) plus a demonstrated ability to formulate, fund, and lead research in controls.
- Experience with controls development in MATLAB or similar environment is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Some travel to work at client sites is required.
- Able to lift up to 50 Ibs as necessary for luggage, etc.
How to Apply
We appreciate your interest in ATA Engineering and request that you submit the following materials if you are qualified and wish to join our team of employee-owners at ATA Engineering:
- A current resume or CV.
- A copy of your up-to-date college transcripts. You may email them, or request that an official transcript be sent directly to the address below. If your transcript contains identifying information such as Social Security Number and/or date of birth, please delete this information prior to submitting your transcripts.
- A statement regarding your U.S. citizenship.
Please note: we prefer electronic copies of all documents, but you may also mail them to the address below if necessary. Many of our contracts require access to government, defense, and classified information. We cannot consider your application unless you are a U.S. citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident. Unless you specifically state otherwise in your cover letter or email, you will be considered for all current openings at all ATA locations. Once we have reviewed your qualifications, you will be contacted by email regarding the status of your application.
Email all documents to email@example.com
Or mail them to:
Manager, Human Resources
ATA Engineering, Inc.
13290 Evening Creek Drive South, Suite 250
San Diego, CA 92128
ATA Engineering, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.