Electromechanical Lab Technician
Electromechanical Lab Technician
Location: ATA Engineering, 13290 Evening Creek Drive S, San Diego, California 92128
ATA is seeking a lab technician with a strong interest in assembling all types of electromechanical hardware, from high-tech industrial machines, to entertainment and theme park show action equipment and rides, to aerospace ground support equipment and flight hardware. The successful candidate will be detail oriented with logical thinking skills to be able to follow assembly instructions found on electrical or mechanical drawings and have the physical dexterity to implement them with hand tools. The position is initially part time (20 hours per week) but may eventually grow into a full-time position (40 hours per week with benefits). ATA Engineering, Inc., is headquartered in San Diego, California, but services clients globally. This opportunity is based in our San Diego office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in prototype lab assembling mechanical and electrical hardware
- Read and understand mechanical and electrical shop drawings
- Conduct functional testing of mechanical and electrical systems in a prototype assembly lab
- Install electronic parts and hardware, using soldering equipment and hand tools
- Verify dimensions of parts, using precision measuring instruments, to ensure that specifications are met
- Apply thorough knowledge of commonly used engineering materials and manufacturing processes
- Assist engineering staff with producing fabrication orders
- Interface with suppliers as necessary to support the procurement of prototype or production components and assemblies
- Occasionally perform light machining operations on a lathe, mill, or drill press
The ideal candidate would have all of the following skills. A highly motivated but less-experienced candidate interested in learning these skills would also be considered.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Currently working toward or already possess appropriate education or training normally represented by an AS degree in electromechanical technology. May substitute related experience or military training.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Strong aptitude for working with electromechanical hardware
- Experience with machine tools (mill, lathe, drill press, etc.) is preferred
- Experience with wiring schematics, soldering, and electrical components is preferred
How to Apply
We appreciate your interest in ATA Engineering and request that you submit the following materials if you are qualified and wish to join our team of employee-owners at ATA Engineering:
- A current resume or CV.
- A copy of your up-to-date college transcripts. You may email them, or request that an official transcript be sent directly to the address below. If your transcript contains identifying information such as Social
- Security Number and/or date of birth, please delete this information prior to submitting your transcripts.
- A statement regarding your U.S. citizenship.
Please note: we prefer electronic copies of all documents, but you may also mail them to the address below if necessary. Many of our contracts require access to government, defense, and classified information. We cannot consider your application unless you are a U.S. citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident. Unless you specifically state otherwise in your cover letter or email, you will be considered for all current openings at all ATA locations. Once we have reviewed your qualifications, you will be contacted by email regarding the status of your application.
Email all documents to email@example.com
Or mail them to:
Manager, Human Resources
ATA Engineering, Inc.
13290 Evening Creek Drive South, Suite 250
San Diego, CA 92128
ATA Engineering, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.