Business Development and Marketing Associate
Business Development and Marketing Associate
San Diego – 13290 Evening Creek Drive South, San Diego, California 92128
ATA is seeking a Business Development and Marketing Associate to assist the business development and account management team. Position is located in San Diego, California.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide assistance to the business development (BD) team as defined below:
- Update and customize Salesforce application to meet the team needs as a Salesforce administrator.
- Assist Account Managers in updating Salesforce with new accounts and contacts based on conferences and meetings.
- Perform market/customer research to assist the BD team in identifying and prioritizing new leads and opportunities.
- Collect, organize, manage and update proposal support information such as experience and capability matrices, short staff biographies, proposal templates for standard services, etc.
- Create, maintain and share list of upcoming government procurements in areas of ATA interest. NASA centers, DoD facilities, BAA’s and other sources should be identified and tracked. Results brought to the attention of the BD staff.
- Track and maintain conference listing and ATA participation. Solicit staff participation as suggested by BD team. Manage conference booth preparations.
- Assist in management and implementation of yearly sales kickoff meeting.
- Document, manage and track accomplishment of weekly and annual BD team meeting action items.
- Identify and maintain competitive information including price information as well as investigate and monitor GSA schedules.
- Update and enhance commercial services catalogs and work pricing spreadsheets.
- Contribute to the development of future marketing activities for ATA products and services:
- Expand awareness of ATA mission, values, and services in the marketplace through ATA’s company website, email campaigns, and social media platforms.
- Update ATA’s company website including search engine optimization strategy and Google AdWords on an as needed basis. Route leads from company website to BD staff.
- Participate in industry functions and trade shows in support of the business development team’s goals.
- Assist in the development of ATA collateral marketing material and gain customer approval for marketing material release.
- Learn ATA products and services, management, staff, and company culture to provide customer service that meets ATA’s high standards of excellence.
- Bachelor of Business Administration with emphasis on Marketing or Management or Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies, with an excellent academic record.
- One to three years of experience in business development and marketing is preferred.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Experience with Salesforce and Adobe InDesign desired.
- Familiar with business use of social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Able and willing to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Communicate well in the English language in person, in written documents, via email, and by telephone.
- Able to spend long periods of time at a computer to help prepare proposals, reports, and other written documents.
- Able to sit for long periods of time to participate in meetings and conference calls.
- Able to travel to any and all customer sites via airplane or ground transportation.
- Able to lift up to 50 Ibs as necessary for transportation of laptop, luggage, etc.
- Willing to accept reasonable accommodations when traveling for work purposes.
- Able to be mobile for up to twelve hours in a workday (conference booth monitoring, traveling to and from customer sites, etc.)
How to Apply
We appreciate your interest in ATA Engineering and request that you submit the following materials if you are qualified and wish to join our team of employee-owners at ATA Engineering:
- A current resume or CV.
- A copy of your up-to-date college transcripts. You may email them, or request that an official transcript be sent directly to the address below. If your transcript contains identifying information such as Social Security Number and/or date of birth, please delete this information prior to submitting your transcripts.
- A statement regarding your U.S. citizenship.
Please note: we prefer electronic copies of all documents, but you may also mail them to the address below if necessary. Many of our contracts require access to government, defense, and classified information. We cannot consider your application unless you are a U.S. citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident. Unless you specifically state otherwise in your cover letter or email, you will be considered for all current openings at all ATA locations. Once we have reviewed your qualifications, you will be contacted by email regarding the status of your application.
Email all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail them to:
Manager, Human Resources
ATA Engineering, Inc.
13290 Evening Creek Drive South
San Diego, CA 92128
ATA Engineering, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact an ATA Engineering, Inc., Human Resources Representative at email@example.com.