Business Development Engineer
Business Development Engineer
Los Angeles – 300 North Continental Boulevard, Suite 630, El Segundo, California 90245
Colorado – 1597 Cole Boulevard, Ste 375, Lakewood, Colorado 80401
ATA is seeking two Business Development Engineers, one for each location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide business development and account management services for the Los Angeles or Denver metro area in aerospace, defense, and energy (including renewable) industries.
- Assume a lead role in identifying, developing, shaping, and closing business opportunities.
- Coordinate and lead the proposal development and approval process.
- Provide account management and customer service support for customers.
- Contribute to the development of future marketing strategies for ATA.
- Participate in sales team meetings/planning sessions and coordinate selling activities with the team.
- Develop and execute annual sales plans consistent with company strategy, goals, and objectives.
- Applicants will not be considered unless they have both of the following:
- B.S. in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Structural Engineering with an excellent academic record; and
- 4-5 years of experience as a practicing engineer in structural statics, dynamics, durability, acoustic, thermal, fluids analysis, or test or mechanical design and development.
- Three to five years of experience in business development or sales is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Able and willing to travel up to 30% of the time to customer sites via airplane or ground transportation.
- Must be a US Person.
- Ability to spend long periods of time sitting.
- Able to lift up to 50 Ib as necessary for transportation of laptop, luggage, etc.
How to Apply
We appreciate your interest in ATA Engineering and request that you submit the following materials if you are qualified and wish to join our team of employee-owners at ATA Engineering:
- A current résumé or CV.
- A copy of your up-to-date college transcripts. You may email them, or request that an official transcript be sent directly to the address below. If your transcript contains identifying information such as Social Security Number and/or date of birth, please delete this information prior to submitting your transcripts.
- A statement confirming that you meet the definition of a US person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15.
Please note: we prefer electronic copies of all documents, but you may also mail them to the address below if necessary. Many of our contracts require access to government, defense, and classified information. We cannot consider your application unless you are a US Person. Unless you specifically state otherwise in your cover letter or email, you will be considered for all current openings at all ATA locations. Once we have reviewed your qualifications, you will be contacted by email regarding the status of your application.
Email all documents to [email protected]
Or mail them to:
Manager, Human Resources
ATA Engineering, Inc.
13290 Evening Creek Drive South
San Diego, CA 92128
ATA Engineering, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact an ATA Engineering, Inc., Human Resources Representative at [email protected].