Dynamics Testing Engineer
Dynamics Testing Engineer
San Diego – 13290 Evening Creek Drive South, San Diego, California 92128
Alabama – 308 Voyager Way NW, Suite 102, Huntsville, Alabama 35806
New Mexico – 6001 Indian School Road NE, Suite 430, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87110
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and perform testing projects such as ground vibration testing of aircraft and spacecraft, modal testing for finite element model validation, troubleshooting vibration problems, and strain gage testing of various structures such as theme park rides.
- Write proposals, technical reports, and papers.
- Provide client support by conducting on-site test software support, installation and training, implementation, and application support as well as software phone support.
- Provide results to clients that satisfy quality, cost, timing, and other project specifications.
- Give oral presentations to clients and at technical conferences.
- Develop specialized software application tools to enhance testing.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Structural Engineering with excellent academic record.
- Willingness to travel and work at client sites.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Windows and UNIX operating systems and programming in MATLAB, C/C++, or Fortran.
- Experience in using instrumentation and experimental techniques.
- Modal testing experience is preferred.
- Experience with I-deas and other MCAE tools is desirable.
- Candidate must be US Person and eligible to access government and Department of Defense classified facilities.
Salary Ranges (2023):
- Entry–Mid Career Level: $70,000–$155,000 per year
- Manager/Director Level: $125,000–$275,000 per year
How to Apply
We appreciate your interest in ATA Engineering and request that you submit the following materials if you are qualified and wish to join our team of employee-owners at ATA Engineering:
- A current résumé or CV.
- A copy of your up-to-date college transcripts. You may email them, or request that an official transcript be sent directly to the address below. If your transcript contains identifying information such as Social Security Number and/or date of birth, please delete this information prior to submitting your transcripts.
- A statement confirming that you meet the definition of a US person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15.
Please note: we prefer electronic copies of all documents, but you may also mail them to the address below if necessary. Many of our contracts require access to government, defense, and classified information. We cannot consider your application for this position unless you are a US Person. Unless you specifically state otherwise in your cover letter or email, you will be considered for all current openings at all ATA locations. Once we have reviewed your qualifications, you will be contacted by email regarding the status of your application.
Email all documents to [email protected]
Or mail them to:
Manager, Human Resources
ATA Engineering, Inc.
13290 Evening Creek Drive South
San Diego, CA 92128
ATA Engineering, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact an ATA Engineering, Inc., Human Resources Representative at [email protected].