Colorado – 1597 Cole Boulevard, Ste 375, Lakewood, Colorado 80401
ATA is seeking a Software Salesperson with interest in business development and account management. A mechanical and/or aerospace engineering background with a sociable interpersonal skill set is critical to the success of the candidate. The ideal candidate will also have application engineering experience with Siemens software tools such as STAR CCM+, Femap, Simcenter 3D, and Simcenter Nastran. A dynamic, entrepreneurial individual technically proficient in mechanical engineering with an interest or experience in technical sales and marketing is imperative. The candidate will be responsible for developing and executing an annual sales plan consistent with company strategy, goals, and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide business development and account management services for territories and industries/technologies as defined below:
- The Continental United States, based in Lakewood, Colorado (preferred). However, ATA will consider San Diego or Los Angeles, California, or Herndon, Virginia, as alternative base locations.
- Aerospace/defense industry experience is highly beneficial.
- Technically proficient in finite element analysis with an interest in product design and data management tools such as Teamcenter.
- Assume a lead role in identifying, developing, shaping, and closing software opportunities to achieve ATA’s business revenue and profit goals while maintaining ATA’s standards of excellent customer service.
- Develop and implement pipeline processes for lead generation, qualification, and closure.
- Coordinate and lead ATA’s Value-Added Reseller business of Siemens CAE, CAD, and PLM products:
- Maintain a thorough understanding of applicable software products.
- Identify key decision-maker, budget, competition, and decision criteria.
- Provide first-level understandings of these products to prospective customers.
- Coordinate with ATA software technical staff on pre- and post-sales efforts.
- Deliver accurate, timely, winning proposals.
- Negotiate with customer’s purchasing organization to close the sale.
- Provide key account management support for new and existing customers:
- Identify and build relationships with customers at multiple organizational levels.
- Expand knowledge of ATA throughout the client organization.
- Coordinate with ATA Services account managers to proactively identify other needs that ATA can address, and develop new, non-software business opportunities.
- Expand ATA presence to other client divisions, suppliers, and partners.
- Contribute to the development of future marketing strategies for ATA Value-Added Reseller business, ATA products, and services:
- Expand awareness of ATA mission, values, and services in the marketplace.
- Participate in industry functions and trade shows in support of the business development team’s goals.
- Learn ATA products and services, management, staff, and company culture to provide customer service that meets ATA’s high standards of excellence:
- Become familiar with recent and current projects in relevant ATA technical disciplines.
- Develop the experience and capability to take a role in understanding the technical requirements for business opportunities.
- Participate in ATA sales team meetings and planning sessions and coordinate selling activities with the team.
- B.S. degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Structural Engineering is preferred. MBA desirable but not required.
- At least five years of experience as a practicing engineer is preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in business development or sales is preferred.
- Strong technical and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Able and willing to travel up to 40% of the time.
- Candidate must be a US Person and eligible to access ITAR data.
How to Apply
We appreciate your interest in ATA Engineering and request that you submit the following materials if you are qualified and wish to join our team of employee-owners at ATA Engineering:
- A current résumé or CV.
- A copy of your up-to-date college transcripts. You may email them, or request that an official transcript be sent directly to the address below. If your transcript contains identifying information such as Social Security Number and/or date of birth, please delete this information prior to submitting your transcripts.
- A statement confirming that you meet the definition of a US person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15.
Please note: we prefer electronic copies of all documents, but you may also mail them to the address below if necessary. Many of our contracts require access to government, defense, and classified information. We cannot consider your application unless you are a US Person. Unless you specifically state otherwise in your cover letter or email, you will be considered for all current openings at all ATA locations. Once we have reviewed your qualifications, you will be contacted by email regarding the status of your application.
Email all documents to [email protected]
Or mail them to:
Manager, Human Resources
ATA Engineering, Inc.
13290 Evening Creek Drive South
San Diego, CA 92128
ATA Engineering, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact an ATA Engineering, Inc., Human Resources Representative at [email protected].