Dynamics Testing Application Engineer
Dynamics Testing Application Engineer
San Diego – 13290 Evening Creek Drive South, San Diego, California 92128
Denver – 1597 Cole Boulevard, Suite 375, Lakewood, Colorado 80401
ATA is seeking a Dynamics Testing Application Engineer with interest in test hardware and software. A mechanical engineering background with a sociable and outgoing interpersonal skill set is critical to the success of the candidate. The ideal candidate will also have dynamic testing experience with Siemens Simcenter Testlab hardware and software. A dynamic, entrepreneurial individual technically proficient in structural dynamic testing with an interest or experience in technical sales is imperative. The candidate will be responsible for developing customer demonstrations and providing technical support for both hardware and software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide test application support services for territories and industries/technologies as defined below:
- The Continental United States, based in Denver, Colorado or San Diego, California (preferred). However, ATA will consider Los Angeles, California; Herndon, Virginia; Huntsville, Alabama; or Boston, Massachusetts as alternative base locations.
- Aerospace/defense or automotive industry experience is highly beneficial.
- Support ATA’s value-added reseller business of Siemens Simcenter Testlab products:
- Maintain a thorough understanding of applicable hardware and software products.
- Provide first-level understandings of these products to prospective customers.
- Contribute to the development of future marketing strategies for ATA value-added reseller business, ATA products, and services:
- Expand awareness of ATA mission, values, and services in the marketplace.
- Participate in industry functions and trade shows in support of the business development team’s goals.
- Learn ATA products and services, management, staff, and company culture to provide customer service that meets ATA’s high standards of excellence:
- Become familiar with recent and current projects in relevant ATA technical disciplines.
- Develop the experience and ability to take a role in understanding the technical requirements for business opportunities.
- Participate in ATA sales team meetings and planning sessions and coordinate selling activities with the team.
- Assume a supporting role in identifying, developing, shaping, and closing Simcenter Testlab opportunities to achieve ATA’s business revenue and profit goals while maintaining ATA’s standards of excellent customer service.
- Organize and develop Simcenter Testlab–related marketing materials for customer and internal use.
- Develop technical tutorials and videos to increase customer interest.
- B.S. degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Structural Engineering
- At least three years of experience as a practicing test engineer is preferred
- Strong technical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Able and willing to travel up to 40% of the time
Salary Ranges (2023):
- Entry–Mid Career Level: $70,000–$155,000 per year
- Manager/Director Level: $125,000–$275,000 per year
How to Apply
We appreciate your interest in ATA Engineering and request that you submit the following materials if you are qualified and wish to join our team of employee-owners at ATA Engineering.
- A current résumé or CV.
- A copy of your up-to-date college transcripts. You may email them, or request that an official transcript be sent directly to the address below. If your transcript contains identifying information such as Social Security Number and/or date of birth, please delete this information prior to submitting your transcripts.
- A statement confirming that you meet the definition of a US person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15.
Please note: we prefer electronic copies of all documents, but you may also mail them to the address below if necessary. Many of our contracts require access to government, defense, and classified information. We cannot consider your application unless you are a US Person. Unless you specifically state otherwise in your cover letter or email, you will be considered for all current openings at all ATA locations. Once we have reviewed your qualifications, you will be contacted by email regarding the status of your application.
Email all documents to [email protected]
Or mail them to:
Manager, Human Resources
ATA Engineering, Inc.
13290 Evening Creek Drive South
San Diego, CA 92128
ATA Engineering, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact an ATA Engineering, Inc., Human Resources Representative at [email protected].