Analysis-Driven Design Engineer
Analysis-Driven Design Engineer
This position is available in all of our locations. If you have a preferred location please specify when you apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform and manage consulting engineering work using CAD/CAE software to solve problems in mechanical/structural design, finite element analysis, design optimization, prototype generation (such as stereo lithography on NC machining), fatigue analysis, structural dynamics and kinematics, thermal analysis, production of manufacturing drawings, plastic part design.
- Write proposals, technical reports and papers.
- Assist with on-site NX or Femap training, and application support.
- Provide results to clients that satisfy quality, cost, timing, and other project specifications.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Structural Engineering (advanced degree preferred) with excellent academic record.
- Willingness to travel and work at client sites.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with NX, Femap, I-deas, SolidWorks, MATLAB, and other MCAE tools preferred, especially FEA.
- Composite materials experience is a plus.
- Candidate must be US Person.
How to Apply
We appreciate your interest in ATA Engineering and request that you submit the following materials if you are qualified and wish to join our team of employee-owners at ATA Engineering:
- A current résumé or CV.
- A copy of your up-to-date college transcripts. You may email them, or request that an official transcript be sent directly to the address below. If your transcript contains identifying information such as Social Security Number and/or date of birth, please delete this information prior to submitting your transcripts.
- A statement confirming that you meet the definition of a US person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15.
Please note: we prefer electronic copies of all documents, but you may also mail them to the address below if necessary. Many of our contracts require access to government, defense, and classified information. We cannot consider your application unless you are a US Person. Unless you specifically state otherwise in your cover letter or email, you will be considered for all current openings at all ATA locations. Once we have reviewed your qualifications, you will be contacted by email regarding the status of your application.
Email all documents to [email protected]
Or mail them to:
Manager, Human Resources
ATA Engineering, Inc.
13290 Evening Creek Drive South
San Diego, CA 92128
ATA Engineering, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact an ATA Engineering, Inc., Human Resources Representative at [email protected].