Thermal Analysis Engineer
Thermal Analysis Engineer
This position is available in all of our locations. If you have a preferred location please specify when you apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform mechanical and aerospace engineering analysis project work with emphasis on solving problems in heat transfer and fluid flow using advanced CAD/CAE software. Typical applications include spacecraft and electromechanical systems.
- Write proposals, technical reports and papers.
- Additional responsibilities may include solving problems in mechanical/structural design, finite element analysis, structural dynamics, kinematics, and the development of software tools and interfaces.
- Provide results to clients that satisfy quality, cost, timing and other project specifications.
- Prepare and give oral presentations to clients and at technical conferences.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Structural Engineering with excellent academic record.
- Willingness to travel and work at client sites.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with the following a plus:
- Windows and/or Unix/Linux operating systems
- NX Thermal, Femap Thermal, I-deas TMG, and/or Thermal Desktop
- Programming in C, C++, C#, Java, Fortran, MATLAB, and/or Python
- Candidate must be a US Person.
Salary Ranges (2023):
- Entry–Mid Career Level: $70,000–$155,000 per year
- Manager/Director Level: $125,000–$275,000 per year
How to Apply
We appreciate your interest in ATA Engineering and request that you submit the following materials if you are qualified and wish to join our team of employee-owners at ATA Engineering:
- A current résumé or CV.
- A copy of your up-to-date college transcripts. You may email them, or request that an official transcript be sent directly to the address below. If your transcript contains identifying information such as Social Security Number and/or date of birth, please delete this information prior to submitting your transcripts.
- A statement confirming that you meet the definition of a US person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15.
Please note: we prefer electronic copies of all documents, but you may also mail them to the address below if necessary. Many of our contracts require access to government, defense, and classified information. We cannot consider your application unless you are a US Person. Unless you specifically state otherwise in your cover letter or email, you will be considered for all current openings at all ATA locations. Once we have reviewed your qualifications, you will be contacted by email regarding the status of your application.
Email all documents to [email protected]
Or mail them to:
Manager, Human Resources
ATA Engineering, Inc.
13290 Evening Creek Drive South
San Diego, CA 92128
ATA Engineering, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact an ATA Engineering, Inc., Human Resources Representative at [email protected].