Composite Materials Analysis Engineer
Composite Materials Analysis Engineer
This position is available in all of our locations. If you have a preferred location please specify when you apply.
ATA is seeking an engineer interested in applying analytical skills to conduct both research and applied project work involving the design and engineering of systems incorporating advanced composite materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform aerospace and mechanical engineering analysis project work with emphasis on solving problems requiring expertise in analysis of composite material systems using advanced CAD/CAE software. Applications may include polymer, ceramic, carbon, or metallic matrix composites used in aerospace, defense, industrial, and consumer products.
- Participate in and lead IRAD and sponsored research (e.g., SBIR/STTR) in development of novel composite material models and analytic methods.
- Write proposals, technical reports, and papers.
- Provide results to clients that satisfy quality, cost, timing, and other project specifications.
- Prepare and give oral presentations to clients and at technical conferences.
- Analysis specialties may include one or more of the following categories:
- Unidirectional composites
- Woven composites
- Fiber and matrix constituent materials
- Prediction of laminate strength and statistical distribution
- Application of machine learning algorithms to material characterization
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Aerospace, Mechanical, Structural Engineering, or Materials Science with excellent academic record.
- Knowledge of composite material theory and engineering, including laminate theory and anisotropic elasticity, composite strength and failure theories, static and dynamic stress analyses, buckling, vibrations and impact, and thermoelastic response.
- Experience with finite element analysis software.
- Knowledge of composite material testing standards and processes.
- Background with ceramic matrix and carbon/carbon composites preferred.
- Experience with the following a plus:
- Programming in Python, Fortran, MATLAB
- Abaqus, NX, ANSYS
- Willingness to travel and work at client sites.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidate must be a U.S. citizen and eligible to access government and Department of Defense classified facilities.
How to Apply
We appreciate your interest in ATA Engineering and request that you submit the following materials if you are qualified and wish to join our team of employee-owners at ATA Engineering:
- A current resume or CV.
- A copy of your up-to-date college transcripts. You may email them, or request that an official transcript be sent directly to the address below. If your transcript contains identifying information such as Social Security Number and/or date of birth, please delete this information prior to submitting your transcripts.
- A statement regarding your U.S. citizenship.
Please note: we prefer electronic copies of all documents, but you may also mail them to the address below if necessary. Many of our contracts require access to government, defense, and classified information. We cannot consider your application unless you are a U.S. citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident. Unless you specifically state otherwise in your cover letter or email, you will be considered for all current openings at all ATA locations. Once we have reviewed your qualifications, you will be contacted by email regarding the status of your application.
Email all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail them to:
Manager, Human Resources
ATA Engineering, Inc.
13290 Evening Creek Drive South, Suite 250
San Diego, CA 92128
ATA Engineering, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.